Board index Technical Discussion General Technical Discussion Does anyone else get headaches?

Does anyone else get headaches?

Technical discussion forums for the Oculus Rift Community

Post Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:26 pm

Ive noticed Im getting headaches after extended periods using VR. Is there anything that has helped you alleviate this or is this just me? Maybe Ive got my headset on a little too tight? I know technology has come a loooong way since the 90's when VR became a reality. The headaches back then were killer and pretty much guaranteed. Anyway any help would be appreciated!

Post Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:29 pm

It's a common problem that occurs with people who use VR, sometimes not even for an extended period of time. Some people just aren't accustomed to technology like VR and so the eyes and the brain can't deal with it, hence why you are getting the headaches. Although I'm no doctor, if these headaches are continuous and keep occuring, stop using VR.

Post Sat Aug 11, 2012 4:16 am

Anytime I play 3D kind of games I get severe headaches.

No epilepsy in my family. I do wear glasses though.

Post Sat Aug 11, 2012 3:34 pm

I don't but my best friend can't play for more than 20 mins or so. She gets these crazy migraines from it. She does wear glasses though so maybe that has something to do with it?

Post Sun Aug 12, 2012 1:45 am

I play VR for 5 hours straight and I don't get headaches. Anyways, I've been a gamer for years, maybe, it has something to do with resistance. :D

Post Mon Aug 13, 2012 2:54 am

trebla Id say youve built up a tolerance then! Im actually wondering if my equipment is causing it somehow.

Post Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:20 pm

Yeah, I get headaches from everything, even just watching TV or movies for too long.

My advice: lots and lots of painkillers :)

But seriously,

lots.

Post Tue Aug 14, 2012 2:42 pm

I just get eye itches but never got headaches. To solve my problems I would just use eye drops, take a break, or just stop the computer for a day.

Post Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:28 pm

This is the only (potential) problem with the headset for me. I remember when the Nintendo Virtual Boy came out, and they stopped making it because everyone was getting headaches. I only ever tried it briefly, and was blown away - but not enough time to evaluate it properly. The problem is, I get headaches and dizziness from watching 3D movies or games.

Post Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:35 pm

potatoking wrote:
This is the only (potential) problem with the headset for me. I remember when the Nintendo Virtual Boy came out, and they stopped making it because everyone was getting headaches. I only ever tried it briefly, and was blown away - but not enough time to evaluate it properly. The problem is, I get headaches and dizziness from watching 3D movies or games.

I think if they bothered to make the Nintendo virtual boy in color,people wouldn't of got as many headaches. I mean come on black and red? Like I said before that's a headache in a can LOL

Next

Return to General Technical Discussion

Spinnakr Active Analytics