Board index Oculus Rift Gaming Corner Big Titles Racing games?

Racing games?

Post Thu Nov 22, 2012 3:21 am

I noticed that we didn't have a thread about this, so do you think racing games on the OR would be cool? Almost all of them have a "first person view" mode, so that gives us quite a list of games.

But even if not in first person, do you think this would work out? If so, which games do you think would be best for the Oculus Rift?

Post Thu Nov 22, 2012 3:02 pm

Any realistic driving simulator would be nice, there isn't that many around anymore though, of course driving games need wheel and pedal controllers :p

Post Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:28 am

HornedDemon, there is already a thread about this. You could look it up at this link - http://oculusrift.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1114

As given in the posts from the thread given, most people think that racing games are perfect for the Oculus Rift. ;)

Post Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:17 am

Most racing games are already in 3rd person, like the NFS series, but maybe they can also create another version of those games in 1st person specifically for the OC but with the exact same title and gameplay.

Post Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:59 pm

You can build a pretty nice cockpit for not too much money - some good instructions on the Internet.

Post Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:12 pm

That would be so cool.
I wonder if they would incorporate a touch-like wheel and joystick?

Post Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:26 am

Like Matt already said, it would be good if we had the Oculus as the sight and we can look around to the other cars, and the steering wheel, and accerlation or brake pad in front of us, it will be great.

SonnyNET64

Post Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:48 pm

I would like to see Burnout on the OR. I so love that game and the graghics are cool.

Post Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:33 pm

There already is the gaming equipment to create a rather realistic 'racing experience'. So, if you have a lot of money, you can get those-- and then on top of that, the Oculus Rift. Ta-ta, there you have it! That'd probably be the only genre of gaming that would actually suit the Oculus Rift in the most realistic possible way, because you're actually using the wheel and whatnot. On the other hand, most games nowadays is of a character walking around. Without some sort of suit or sensors or gloves, you can't emulate something like that. I mean, you -can- do that. Suits like that are used when animating 3D scenes in games and movies, but to adapt that into gaming, now that'd be the icing on top.

Post Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:33 pm

It would be cool to have a racing game for the OR. To add car crashes and car chases would be even better for any racing game. It also be fun to experience your car getting flipped over when it gets hit.

Next

Return to Big Titles

Spinnakr Active Analytics