Board index Oculus Rift Gaming Corner Big Titles Roller Coaster Tycoon

Roller Coaster Tycoon

Post Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:30 pm

I'm kindof suprised nobody mentioned this yet. Honestly what I did whilst playing RCT was make rollercoasters and then ride them in first person view, pretending I would actually be in the ride. the Oculus Rift would make that experience absolutely glorious.

Obviously RCT3 would be the only one that could potentially support this, maybe RCT4 will have support when it comes out?

Post Sun Apr 28, 2013 4:03 pm

I'm a bit indifferent on this. While it'd be cool, at the same time, I probably wouldn't really use it that much. The only time I ever play any of the Roller Coaster Tycoon games is when I'm extremely bored, or my computer is so screwed up that I can't play anything else and I Need a serious game fix.

Post Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:22 am
mVd

I would agree with the thread creator on this. The first person view in Rollercoaster Tycoon would be an absolutely epic experience on the Oculus Rift.

Post Sun May 26, 2013 1:54 pm

I still prefer the old Roller Coaster Tycoon games, but i would love to see how the Oculus Rift would work with the RCT3 first person view. Maybe create a mode for the possible RCT4 where you could do a virtual tour around other people's parks and experience it with the Oculus Rift.

Post Sun May 26, 2013 4:28 pm

Well, this pretty much covers everything. And it will have native oculus support as well.

http://www.themeparkstudio.com/

Post Mon May 27, 2013 4:32 pm

wigge wrote:
Well, this pretty much covers everything. And it will have native oculus support as well.

That's pretty cool. Although I don't see many aspects from Roller Coaster Tycoon in here, it still would be pretty awesome.

Post Wed May 29, 2013 7:10 pm

I have mixed opinions about this.

I'm a diehard RCT1/2 fan, but I hated RCT 3, mostly because of its really bad graphics and general overall design. Virtual reality gear wouldn't ever be compatible with the first versions of RCT, and I just don't think I'd be interested in RCT 3 with Oculus Rift. Maybe that Theme Park Studios game will be to bring to the table what RCT 3 lacked.

I agree, though. Designing the rollercoasters and then riding them on Oculus would be amazing.

Post Thu May 30, 2013 10:58 am

wigge wrote:

That looks pretty cool and the Oculus Rift can always use some casual games where you build stuff. Casual games where you build can be relaxing to play when you're not in the mood for competition or dramatic boss battles.

Post Thu May 30, 2013 12:36 pm

I like all the games where you can make things like roller coasters and other fun things. I am not much of a gamer and I get bored with them pretty quick :o

Post Fri May 31, 2013 10:07 am

I love those sandbox/build games. And roller coaster tycoon is one of my favorites, because you can do so much with it, and it's pretty good, when you think about the time it was released. I usually kill people, or make traps.

Next

Return to Big Titles

Spinnakr Active Analytics