Board index Oculus Rift Gaming Corner Indie Games Surgeon Simulator 2013

Surgeon Simulator 2013

Post Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:28 pm

A more humorous possible game for the Rift would be Surgeon Simulator 2013

It's a funny game where it's very impossible to have that much dexterity and doing brain surgery in this game will have you ending up saying, "Eh good enough." Since it's in a first person view it would be a really hilarious experience.

Post Sat Jun 15, 2013 3:16 pm

That game looks pretty funny. The Rift could use some comedy. But I would be screaming from frustration out of not being able to pick up anything.
This game should be called Drunk Surgeon Simulator.

Post Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:26 am

Rezzed 2013: Surgeon Simulator will be playable on the show floor with Oculus Rift. Yep. You know where to be: http://www.rezzed.com

https://twitter.com/rockpapershot/statu ... 0660734976

Post Mon Jun 17, 2013 5:13 pm

This is definitely the kind of game that would be absorbing with the Oculus. And medical students could benefit from similar software and actually make them better doctors, as they could practice on virtual patients instead of me! :lol:
Huge Pop/Culture Nostalgia Fanatic

Post Mon Jun 17, 2013 7:32 pm

As soon as I saw support for this, I flipped. I love playing surgeon simulator, and this is an awesome addition. Maybe the Oculus can be used for ACTUALLY simulating surgeries in the future? You never know.

Post Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:49 am

That is hilarious. I've never actually played the game ,but the video was pretty funny.
I'd love to see more funny and weird stuff like this on the Oculus Rift.
Last edited by ACSAPA on Sat Jun 22, 2013 6:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Fri Jun 21, 2013 5:40 am

Oh goodness, I've played Surgeon Simulator a few times, and let me just say that it is exactly what the Rift needs. The game is clearly not meant to be realistic in any way, but as for the virtual reality aspect, you will definitely feel at home in the role of uneducated doctor.

Post Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:58 pm

That game looks hilarious. Even in a realistic surgeon simulator, I'd probably do the exact same things. I the Rift could be used for educational purposes like this though. We're reaching a point where technology is becoming so advanced and realistic that students could use technology such as the Rift as prep before actually doing surgery. It would obviously never replace the real thing or say practicing on cadavers, but it would still be a very useful option, as cadavers are not available 24/7.

Post Sat Jun 22, 2013 6:29 pm

AthleticTypist wrote:
That game looks hilarious. Even in a realistic surgeon simulator, I'd probably do the exact same things. I the Rift could be used for educational purposes like this though. We're reaching a point where technology is becoming so advanced and realistic that students could use technology such as the Rift as prep before actually doing surgery. It would obviously never replace the real thing or say practicing on cadavers, but it would still be a very useful option, as cadavers are not available 24/7.

I saw on a news show that some surgeons were using a Nintendo Wii game to practice doing surgery. It's not a perfect simulation but they were using the game to sharpen their hand eye coordination. This is why I disagree when people say that video games aren't useful or educational.

Post Sat Jun 22, 2013 6:33 pm

Have you seen those Adult Swim games like 5 Minutes To Kill Yourself? I would like to see more indie games for the Rift that have that kind of sarcastic humor. But obviously with better graphics.

Next

Return to Indie Games

Spinnakr Active Analytics