Board index Oculus Rift Gaming Corner Big Titles N64 Reboots on OR?

N64 Reboots on OR?

Post Sun Jul 21, 2013 4:24 am

Maybe the developers of the n64 emulators can figure something else.

I know there is talk of the developers of Dolphin implementing something for GC and Wii games.

Post Sun Jul 21, 2013 5:37 am

It could work, there are some very cool titles that I would like to see on there, for example Goldeneye and Stafox would all work very nicely. I'm not really sure how global the appeal would be though. What would be neat was if the games were remade in HD and then made vailable for the OR, I think that would attract a whole lot of people.

Post Sun Jul 21, 2013 1:53 pm

Medza wrote:
It could work, there are some very cool titles that I would like to see on there, for example Goldeneye and Stafox would all work very nicely. I'm not really sure how global the appeal would be though. What would be neat was if the games were remade in HD and then made vailable for the OR, I think that would attract a whole lot of people.

Yeah, I agree that the N64 games could use a graphical upgrade if they were going to do Oculus Rift reboots.
A lot of people are nostalgic for Goldeneye and Starfox, but in VR all the blocky textures would be more noticeable so the games would need HD remakes.

Post Mon Jul 22, 2013 3:29 am

I would absolutely love to see Golden Eye on the Oculus, I think it would be amazing.
Other N64 games I think not. I don't think there are too many games that would actually work well being ported to the Oculus simply because of controls.
Shooter's like Golden Eye would work great because it is a simply shooting game that doesn't require a lot of extra movement such as some things from games like Orcarina.
Although I could totally be wrong in that aspect, those games could work great but for now we'll just have to wait and see what happens.
I am what I am, so please love?

Post Wed Jul 24, 2013 6:59 am

I completely forgot about F-Zero X. Maybe if it would be remade today with the Oculus Rift in mind, it would certainly be a blast. And I noticed that nobody mentioned Turok. I think that it was a very revolutionary first person shooter during its time. It definitely deserves a remake.

Previous

Return to Big Titles

Spinnakr Active Analytics