Board index Technical Discussion General Technical Discussion How much computer will you need to run?

How much computer will you need to run?

Technical discussion forums for the Oculus Rift Community

Post Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:11 pm

From the looks of things it will be in 1080p and run 2 screens at that 1080p with good screen rate. Get your upgrade on if you need to!

Ugh. Well, at least my hubby built my computer. He says that the self built ones are easier to swap out and upgrade parts. Of course, my computer will not do so hot, while his is (currently) top of the line!

Better tell your hubby he needs to upgrade you :lol: Or just steal his!!! Do you know what you have?

This type of game is only good to play in high definition, with like a 45" or better. I think people would even consider using projectors when using Oculus. Overall, I think that, kids are just going to go nuts over this, and that screen size is just going to be a bi product of having one.

realgrl wrote:
From the looks of things it will be in 1080p and run 2 screens at that 1080p with good screen rate. Get your upgrade on if you need to!

Hardly. The tiny screens will each be 640x800 per eye totaling at 1280x800.. You don't need to have 2 screens running at 1080p, the Rift takes care of that for you. From what the information shows you hardly need more than a half-decent GPU in order for the rift be feel "immersive". I could be wrong, but there is not enough information to suggest the need of a high-end GPU or CPU.

Return to General Technical Discussion

Spinnakr Active Analytics